Sunday, October 31, 2010

Black and Ivory Wedding Cake with Bows and Brooches at Buttons Restaurant

Oh how I love this cake! I know you're tired of hearing that every cake is my favorite, but seriously, I can't help myself. I get kinda attached.
Latoya and Lee were so wonderful to work with. Latoya knew exactly the style she wanted to convey and she trusted us to "do our thing", LOVE THAT!

We used a pale ivory base fondant which is really nice and warm with the black in contrast. Sometimes pure white can be a bit jarring with black and this tone was just beautiful.


I hand cut the "brooches" and dusted them with silver disco dust which catches the light so nicely and gives a more subtle bling than inedible rhinestones.

Buttons Restaurant provided the perfect "cool and stylish" backdrop for the reception.

All the fabulous photos are courtesy of Candi Coffman Photography.

www.sublimebakery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment